The Economic Development Center’s Agri-Business Management Program is designed to help farmers and ranchers in Southwest Oklahoma who are just getting started or are very seasoned in managing their agri-business operations in the most economical manner possible. The program provides the information that farmers and ranchers need to get them started correctly in the right direction, from accurately filling out a loan application to building a correct financial statement and advising them with skills needed to stay organized and efficiently operating.
- Learning better record keeping skills
- Help with management-related computer program training, such as Quicken and Excel.
- Help with completing loan paperwork for FSA and commercial bank loans and managing required documentation
- Developing farming financials
- Developing marking strategies and farm business plans.
Our staff is available for one-on-one consultations and instruction at your farm/ranch headquarters or at the EDC on the Lawton and Frederick campuses. The staff will also provide links to crucial programs that will allow farmers and ranchers to expand their knowledge base, including:
- Farm Service Agency: fsa.usda.gov/fsa
- Oklahoma State University Agriculture Economics Program: agecon.okstate.edu
- Oklahoma County Extension Comanche County: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noble Research Institute: https://www.noble.org/ag
- Co-op Services Inc. in Lawton, Chattanooga, Grandfield: http://www.coopservicesinc.com
- Apache Farmers Co-op. in Apache, Chickasha, Elgin, Ft. Cobb: http://apachecoop.com
Information is available from:
Agri-Business Management Coordinator