Introducing the Great Plains
Business Center – Concept Commercialization
What is a Business Incubator?
A comprehensive business assistance program that helps start-up and early stage firms with the goal of improving their chances to grow into healthy, sustainable, and self-sufficient companies. It will include:
- Light manufacturing space–an area for manufacturing and assembly.
- Commercial kitchen and food processing–ideal for those who wish to process a food product in quantities too small for co-packers.
- Co-working space–a shared space with access to phone and Internet and office equipment. It is an ideal bridge between a home-based business and full incubator tenancy. No business plan or funding necessary for this space.
- Arts incubator –would provide a secure “studio” space in an an area designated for visual or performing artists to commercialize their art.
- A space that creates a community of entrepreneurs who can network and grow together.
- The synergry created by the exchange of contacts and resources
- Access to the Great Plains’ Economic Development Center team who will nurture their development
- Shared services and equipment allowing for an entrepreneur to get started with a smaller capital investment
- Possible eligibility for a waiver of Oklahoma state income tax on their profits.
Who can be a tenant?
The application process varies from manufacturing, arts, kitchen and co-working shared spaces, but the incubator is ideal for entrepreneurs who have:
- a viable product or service
- a completed business plan
- capital/funding that covers their start-up costs, plus six months of operational expenses
- the willingness to be mentored by the EDC team
How to become a tenant:
The first step is to download, complete and return the application by clicking on “Claim Your Space”. Apply now! The process of preparing yourself and your business to be ready for incubator tenancy can be a long one, especially for a business start-up. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted regarding what steps you should take to become incubator ready.